It is so easy to just say I will do this or that with the funds. However depending on the source of the payment, there may be possible tax implications. It is important to take time to think. So my suggestion would be to park the funds. Do not spend it. Think.
Things to consider:-
- What am I going to do with the rest of my life?
- What is important to me?
- I didn’t get this payment without having an impairment so how is that fact going to determine my ability to make decisions?
- What am I able to do?
- What do I need to do to be able to fully acheive my potential?
- If I am in a relationship , how is it?
- What do I see for the rest of my life?
- What other things do I need to be aware of?
Understand what you need to learn :-
- What tools are available?
- Am I looking at a change of career, if so what do I need to learn?
- Do I need to understand investment options?
- Do I need to know how my decisions will impact my life?